Female Results
Question 2
What age group do you fall into?
What age group do you fall into?

I have separated my female age group results to see which females fall into each age category. From this I have asked a variety of people from different age groups to discover their opinion on Slasher films. I now need to find out if each group would consider watching Slasher films.
Question 3
Would you consider watching Slasher films?
Would you consider watching Slasher films?
From this question I wanted to find out which people from the age groups would consider watching a Slasher film. This question is helping me to determine who my target audience will be as the greater majority will want to watch Slasher films. The next question will help me to find out what the most popular Slasher films are, which will enable me to see what conventions I need to follow.
Question Four
Due to the broad range of ages that I are my target audience I am now trying to find out to see if there is any particular thing that stands out through all ages. From the chart I can see that Nightmare on Elm Street was popular throughout all the age ranges which means that I will have to look at why it is the favourite.
Question Five
Why is it your favourite?
15-20years old
From looking at the results the most popular choice was Nightmare on Elm Street, some of the reasons they said this was their favourite was “by using the dream state within the film, I thought this was an unusual aspect and it would make me watch a film similar to it”. I also found out that one of the people I asked likes “a lot of gore” due to the variety of killings. I will use this information within my Slasher film to provoke a reaction from the audience.
21-25 years old
The results for this question have shown me that there is a varied result and I got a variety of results. An example of what one person said was that “revealing the killer at the end of the film was appropriate” and that “having the set themed was effective and having the killer being a child worked well” and this is something that I think would work effectively within my own Slasher film.
26-30 years old
Most people thought that “nightmare on Elm Street was effective as the killer was never caught and this allows for another sequel” and this is something that I am going to use within my own Slasher film. They also told me that they “liked the invention of using ordinary objects as weapons for the hands” and I thought that this was unusual and is something that I think would work within my own idea.
Question Six
Why is it your favourite?
15-20years old
From looking at the results the most popular choice was Nightmare on Elm Street, some of the reasons they said this was their favourite was “by using the dream state within the film, I thought this was an unusual aspect and it would make me watch a film similar to it”. I also found out that one of the people I asked likes “a lot of gore” due to the variety of killings. I will use this information within my Slasher film to provoke a reaction from the audience.
21-25 years old
The results for this question have shown me that there is a varied result and I got a variety of results. An example of what one person said was that “revealing the killer at the end of the film was appropriate” and that “having the set themed was effective and having the killer being a child worked well” and this is something that I think would work effectively within my own Slasher film.
26-30 years old
Most people thought that “nightmare on Elm Street was effective as the killer was never caught and this allows for another sequel” and this is something that I am going to use within my own Slasher film. They also told me that they “liked the invention of using ordinary objects as weapons for the hands” and I thought that this was unusual and is something that I think would work within my own idea.
Question Six
What would you like to see within Slasher films?

From these results I have found out that females wanted to see “flashbacks” used within the films they watched and from this I am going to use flashbacks within Slasher films.
Question Seven
What sort of narrative would you like?
What sort of narrative would you like?
From the female results I have found out that the majority of people from all of the age groups would like to see linear narrative used within the storyline. From this I have found out that both males and females would like a Linear style so I am going to use this style within my own film.
Question Eight
What would you like to see at the end of the film?
What would you like to see at the end of the film?
From these results asking what they would like at the end of the film I have found out that the females would like the killer to escape as this could lead to a sequel. Therefore this means that I will make the killer to escape.
Question Nine
If you could improve Slasher films how would you?
These results are to determine what could be my original aspect within my own Slasher film so I would use there options as background to my own investigations. With these results it will help me to add in a original aspect and for the females I found that making the killer unusual would add effect.
My main reason for asking this question was to help me know what reaction that I am meant to get from my audience. The females results show me that they should feel sympathetic towards the characters within Slasher films although would feel some of the other emotions aswell.
Question Eleven
What original aspect would you like to see within a Slasher film?
15- 20 years old
Females said that they would like to “set the film in one locations as this could be harder although effective” and this is something that I thought would be effective for my own Slasher film although may be difficult to film. I have also found out that most of them would like the killer to be a “lady because they are normally seen to be the victims and aren’t very strong” which I liked the sound of and this is something that I want to achieve for my own Slasher film.
21-30years old
These people thought that “by using a unexpected killer e.g. a child would make the plot more convincing and shocking for the audience” and this is something that would be unexpected and would also work well. They also stated that they could use “more background on the victims” and this is something that I want to include within my own Slasher film. People also thought that by not actually “showing the killer dyeing would make the plot more convincing and sometimes more effective.
What original aspect would you like to see within a Slasher film?
15- 20 years old
Females said that they would like to “set the film in one locations as this could be harder although effective” and this is something that I thought would be effective for my own Slasher film although may be difficult to film. I have also found out that most of them would like the killer to be a “lady because they are normally seen to be the victims and aren’t very strong” which I liked the sound of and this is something that I want to achieve for my own Slasher film.
21-30years old
These people thought that “by using a unexpected killer e.g. a child would make the plot more convincing and shocking for the audience” and this is something that would be unexpected and would also work well. They also stated that they could use “more background on the victims” and this is something that I want to include within my own Slasher film. People also thought that by not actually “showing the killer dyeing would make the plot more convincing and sometimes more effective.
From my questionnaire analyses I have found out that my target audience is people aged between 15 and 30 years old. The males in the age bracket above 30 + even though asked the majority of them said they wouldn’t watch Slasher films which means that they wouldn’t have been my target audience for my Slasher film. From here I will now need to cut down the age ranges to try and discover my specific target audience and this will be done through my interview questions.






This demonstrates that the opinions of both genders have clearly been considered when selecting a target audience and developing an idea.
ReplyDelete