Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Real Distribution

Real Distribution


The real distribution is to help me establish what things I am going to use within my own film that I am making. The types of things of advertising I will need to look at ranges from contacting the local radio to attending small festivals to advertise the film.

One of ways in which I can publicize the event is by advertising the event on the local radio and can be done by asking either Touch Fm (Stratford upon Avon) or Banbury Sound (Banbury) and ask them to announce that there will be a show in both local towns to promote and advertise my own Slasher film and other peoples as well. This idea is accessible as it is affordable and will allow me to raise money from people watching the film which will also cover costs by asking them. It would also be possible to ask the radio station if I could get a interview with them which will also help publicize my event with them which will also allow me to state my reasons for wanting to create the film. It would be possible for me to also have a free viewing for my film possibly at college to allow word of mouth to spread around college which would promote people to watch the film.

Another source that I could look at and would allow me to publicize my event in a variety of places could be by presenting it at small festivals such as the Edinburgh fringe and the virgin short film festival which main objective is to promote young and ambitious film makers. One of the reasons for Virgin sponsoring this film festival is that they will “work with the Uk Film Council and Virgin Media to shoot their next film” and this is something that will encourage and inspire film makers. Another of the reasons is that “12 films will be shown on 214 cinemas across the UK” which will promote inspiring actors. Furthermore, it is often occurs that film critics amongst other people will also attend the viewing of the films at the festivals. For the winner of the film one person will take away “£30,000” which will allow them to continue on with their dreams with creating films. The Edinburgh Fringe Film Festival takes place every year in August which is attended by a range of different critics from around the world and this will encourage new film makers to take their place within the film world.

Another possible way of promoting the film is by creating posters to advertise a local film viewing that you are having for free so that you can gather critical feedback from your target audience as well as other people as it is interesting to hear other people’s opinions on your own film and in my case making a Slasher film will normally only appeal to a certain age range although it would be interesting to hear their opinion as well as my target audience which is people aged 18-30 years old. On the poster I will have to include a snippet of something that is related to my film such as a still shot of a killer or the victim which will create a vibe before my film is viewed.

It may also be possible to post my work on social networking sites such as myspace or facebook which will allow a variety of people to browse my film which is a positive as it doesn’t restrict being only be able to watch it once at a film viewing. This idea would also not cost me a vast amount of money and would be accessible to do as vast amounts of people use both facebook and myspace. Facebook is also useful as it allows me to select people from my target audience to watch the Slasher film which I have made and this means I would get certain feedback which I will defiantly be able to use as critical feedback.

Overall there is a variety of things that I can do which will advertise and distribute my Slasher film which is affordable and accessible.

1 comment:

  1. This is good. It would be useful to discuss the costs involved with advertising on local radio though. Could you offer a free screening as well to generate word of mouth?

    ReplyDelete